The Historical Chapel in a “wildwood” setting is a dream-come-true for the smaller wedding. A white frame, gothic design with steeple and bell, the church was built in 1890 and restored in 1996 to its original glory. It was relocated to the site of the new SUMC campus on Royal Street in 2006 and has been completely refurbished, again to the 1890 specifications. The soft beige tones of beaded board paneling and original pine floors along with prayer rail and pulpit accented by 18 stained glass windows, give the inside of the chapel an atmosphere of simple elegance, with or without traditional wedding decorations.
The multi-purpose main building is on a quiet, wooded site just east of downtown Salado and is another lovely choice for larger weddings. The setting is beautifully landscaped, with a flowing fountain and stone accents. An electronic Carillon is available to provide pealing bells or other music selections at the appropriate time. Entrance to the building is through an octagonal atrium with magnificent floor to ceiling leaded, etched glass windows on three sides. Above, the cupola ceiling soars to a height of 20 feet, and has 8 additional leaded glass windows, each featuring a dove in flight. It is furnished with traditional furniture and oriental style rugs on a hardwood floor.